Single-source XML publishing allows technical writers to publish to a variety of formats from the same source.
Dakota Publishing Services
In today's business environment, corporations are continually looking to reduce the costs associated with their publishing operations.
Similar to the issues faced by commercial publishers, many organizations have seen a dramatic rise in the volume of content that they produce. Whether it be technical publications, marketing material, scientific journals or legal documents, the need to control and publish this information has become increasingly important. This situation is complicated by the increasing demands to coordinate the online and print publication effort.
Dakota's consultants have developed unique solutions that automate enterprise publishing. Offering a full range of products and services, we help customers design the best solution for each situation.
Our services include:
- Content Strategy and Data Modeling
- Publishing System Architecture and Design
- Composition Services including Quark, InDesign, Siemens PLM, SDL Knowledge Center, and XSL-FO
- XML Authoring Services including oXygen, XMetaL and XML Spy
- Publishing System Production Support
- Custom Application and Style Sheet Development
- Industry Best Practice Analysis and Vendor Evaluations
Dynamic component distribution, or adaptive publishing, provides publishers with the ability to leverage content to generate output across multiple delivery channels.
Our adaptive publishing solution can be seamlessly integrated with the Dakota Content Platform or other leading content management providers including Alfresco, Microsoft Sharepoint 365, Siemens Teamcenter and MarkLogic. Adaptive publishing utilizes an XSL-FO process to generate high-quality, custom PDF output. Additionally, adaptive publish supports custom output in each of the following formats: